Acting Deputy Headteacher
Post: Acting Deputy Headteacher
Employer: Oak Tree MAT at Egremont Primary
Salary: Grade band L7 – 11
Location: Church Street, Wallasey
Contract: 12 month secondment
Working Pattern: Full Time
Closing Date: 07/05/2019 at 10:00 AM
The Board of Governors at Egremont Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and inspirational Deputy Head teacher for September 2019.
This position is full time non-teaching and for 12 months. Leadership grade band L7 - 11.
The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of what makes first-rate educational provision and will demonstrate a clear commitment to the school and its wider community. Their experience and enthusiasm for securing the highest standards of provision for pupils will inspire and challenge the teams they work with.
The successful candidate will also:
- Be an outstanding, reflective professional who has had experience as an acting headteacher, a deputy headteacher, an acting deputy headteacher or an assistant headteacher, with a track record of improving outcomes for all pupils, including those with additional needs.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of assessment outcomes with a strong track record of leading moderation activities and embedding robust, rigorous systems to track pupil progress.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on Teaching and Learning including implementing a secure, robust system of monitoring for improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to support the management of positive behaviour and engage with and support staff and pupils in our provision bases within school.
- Contribute to the implementation of an engaging, relevant and well-balanced curriculum.
- Provide inspiration, support and challenge for all staff to enable them to develop professionally and succeed.
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to embed robust systems for teaching, learning and assessment in order to improve pupil outcomes.
- Show commitment and aptitude for building links with many community and local agencies.
- Have experience of working with the whole primary age range from Foundation Stage to Year 6.
Potential candidates are warmly welcomed to visit the school. Please telephone the school on 0151 638 5406 to arrange a visit.
The safeguarding of children is of paramount importance at Egremont Primary School. In line with our commitment to safeguarding our children enhanced checks on candidates’ suitability for this post will be carried out as part of our selection procedure.
Applications can be submitted on-line or by hand and candidates are welcome to include a letter of application a maximum of 2 pages long.
An application pack is available on request by contacting Mrs Jacqui Lamont, School Administrator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews TBC: Week beginning 13th May 2019